Acceptable Use Policy
Please read this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”)
By using our services, you agree to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy, and we may terminate your account if you fail to comply with these policies.
A list of ways to contact Atack Whyte Knight Enterprises (AKWE) is available on our website at http://www.awke.co.uk/contactus.htm
Specific questions about our AUPs should be directed to: email@example.com
The following policy is intended to be a guideline to Atack Whyte Knight Enterprises (AKWE) stance against violations of the accepted standards of the Internet community and is not intended to be exhaustive. We reserve the right at all times to protect our and our users’ reputation and goodwill.
1. Users are restricted to the agreed amount of server space and bandwidth as agreed by the user and administrators. It is the users’ responsibility to ensure that their disk usage or bandwidth usage does not go over this limit.
2. Users may not disclose their password(s) to any other person or third party.
3. Users are permitted to use server-side cgi programs under the condition that they are solely responsible for any consequences resulting from using such programs. Users are reminded of the need to check the source code of such programs before installing them on AKWE? ?servers.
4. Users and their customers are responsible for keeping backups of all their own data. AKWE will not be responsible for loss of user’s data for any reason.
5. Users and their customers are responsible for ensuring that the data stored in their server space does not contravene any UK law or any law in the user’s or their customer’s home country and any conditions imposed by the backbone provider.
AKWE reserves the right to remove any site or any section of a site under any of the following circumstances:
- The material is suspected to be illegal.
- The site contravenes paragraph 3 stated above.
- The user closes their account or the user’s account is suspended.
- The presence of the site adversely affects in any way the ability of AKWE to provide its services to other users or their customers.
6. Users may not sublet their web space without prior consultation and agreement with Atack Whyte Knight Enterprises.
7. Users may not use, or permit anyone to use, AKWE? services to store or provide access to any illegally copied software of a third party’s products or services, including but not limited to, copyrighted material, commercial links, any obscene or pornographic material.
8. Users may not, promote their web space or services in such a way that they would breach this policy, whether through AKWE or an alternative Internet Service Provider.
9. Any content of an adult nature must contain a warning page as to the content of the site that should be displayed prior to the viewing of any such adult content.
Email and Newsgroups.
Users may not, or permit any customer to, use AKWE? service for any of the following purposes:
- Initiating or propagating ‘chain’ email or ‘pyramid’ emails.
- Sending spam/unsolicited emails of any type.
- Using their AKWE ?account, as a mail-collector for responses for any of the above.
10. Users may not, or permit anyone to, email a person after they have specifically requested that you do not mail them. This applies to any automated mail system you employ.
11. Users may not, or permit anyone to, send email or post articles with headers modified in such a way as to disguise the true source of such mail or article. It is the user’s responsibility to ensure that a real email address is present and obvious to a human.
12. Users may not, post articles of a commercial nature to newsgroups that are inappropriate to the subject of the article. This covers ‘spamming’.
13. Users may not, or permit anyone to, use the service to post articles that contravene the charter of the group to which the posts are made. This includes binary attachments being posted to non-binary newsgroups.
14. Users must ensure that his or her equipment cannot be used to relay mail for a third party. Failure to comply will result in suspension of service without prior notice.
15. Users may not, or permit anyone to, use their account for the purpose of obtaining unauthorised access to any computer or service.
16. Users are responsible at all times for use of their account. This applies even in the case of accounts being accessed by third parties as a result of a security breach on users’ account, where responsibility is not found to lie with AKWE.
17. AKWE reserves the right to remove any Usenet article or web site stored on their servers which might be held to be defamatory at its sole discretion.
18. Users, are solely responsible for the security of their accounts. A user’s account may be suspended at any time in any case of transmission of any virus, trojan or similar disruptive program or process. Reinstatement of such suspended accounts will be at the discretion of the AKWE administrators.
19. AWKE undertakes to treat all data held on its servers as confidential and will not access it without the specific permission of the domain controller and then only for the purposes of issue resolution.
20. Any information which may be seen as a consequence of any routine or emergency work will be treated as confidential and will not be disclosed to anyone.
21. AWKE operates under the jurisdiction of UK courts and complies with all UK legislation.
22. Following a breach of the AUP by any user AKWE will take any action it considers to be appropriate up to and including closure of the account without notice. All breaches will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Removal of accounts may be subject to review by other AKWE users.
23. Following suspension of a user’s account or account of their customer, the affected party may be required to send a letter or email to AKWE undertaking not to breach this Policy on any subsequent occasion before the account will be reinstated.
24. AKWE does not allow credits or refunds for any outages resulting from a suspension or deletion of an account under this Policy or for any incident outside of its control. Users may not hold AKWE responsible for any loss of data, service, revenue or connectivity as a result of using this service.
25. AKWE reserves the right to modify or amend this Policy at any time.
26. AKWE reserves the right to notify the relevant authorities of any action, behaviour, publication or storage by any user or their customer involving, but not limited to the following:
- Paedophile activities, fraud, copyright theft, racial abuse or computer misuse (cracking or “hacking”).
Any breaches of this Policy should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org and the entire posting, together with the full headers, should be forwarded. Although it is not always possible to respond to each abuse report, all complaints will be investigated thoroughly (see below).
Notice for Non-Users
AKWE takes is responsibilities as Service Provider seriously. We will fully investigate all complaints of any breach of our AUP reported in accordance with this policy, and take any appropriate action as provided for in our policy in the event of a complaint being upheld.
Anonymous complaints will not be investigated under any circumstances.
Complaints of a frivolous nature, or complaints deemed to be unfounded and without merit after investigation will, at our sole discretion, be subject to an administrative charge for use of the administrator’s time. Currently this charge is £100 sterling per hour or part thereof. Submission of a complaint is deemed to be acceptance of this condition.